Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt is a new advanced formula. Evaporated from RED SEA at Israel, it is a special blend that begins with a pure natural salt enriched with macro elements, now with many more micro elements in a special blend enabling super homogeneity and a delicate balance of all ions. This special chemistry enables Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt to be ready for use after only 30 minutes of mixing without any sedimentation or cloudiness.
Free from ammonia, phosphates and nitrates, Royal Nature Ion Balanced Natural Salt is made using the highest standards of purity and chemistry, giving you a more efficient mixing method and allowing you to have crystal clear water with the best parameters that will ensure the best results for the most natural and refreshing environment for even the most delicate corals and fish.
The volume of salt water that can be made from a single bucket 23kg of Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt depends on the required SG or PPT of the final solution. In order to get to a specific gravity of -1.0264 = 35.5 PPT, we recommend mixing 1 kg of Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt with 26 liters of RO water using circulating pump.
The resulting salt water is ready for use when the salt is completely dissolved, a process that should take about 30 minutes. Best results are at temperature of 24-25 c (74-76 F). Check salinity with a reliable and calibrated refractometer and add salt or water to achieve the correct level. We recommend monitoring water parameters before adding it to the tank.
A weekly partial water change of 10-12% using Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro salt will ensure balance of all macro and micro elements with their natural values.
In case of replacing any synthetic salt with Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt please make sure that the first water change does not exceed more than 3-4%, the second WC of 5-6%, the third WC of 8-10%. Regular WC - not more than 25% at a time.
For natural nitrate reduction.
Nitrate is an important nutrient for algae.
Royal Nitrate Remover stimulates the natural breakdown of nitrate by bacteria.
Dose daily 1ml per 20 litres until the nitrate level is less then 1mg/l When nitrate levels exceed 10 mg/l double the doses.
Check nitrate levels weekly with the Royal Nitrate test kit.
• Keep out of reach of children.
Immediate action for Phosphate reduction.
Dose 1ml per 5 litres of aquarium water to reduce the phosphate content by 1 mg/l.
Maximum one dose per day, repeat until levels are below 0,1 mg/l.
The use of Royal Phosphate Remover can cause a strong reduction of the pH; use only when KH is at least 8˚DKH. Check the KH-level after use of Royal Phosphate Remover.
• Keep out of reach of children.
Keeping the tests user friendly was a big concern for us and our chemists were able to get the magnesium test to two steps only. Having clear color changes in the titration was also key, to help eliminate user confusion on guessing if they are reading the test accurately.
Each test uses a two-part chemical reaction and a syringe to add water until the final color is hit. We also guarantee you’ll get 50 tests out of each magnesium test.
In theory we are using the same ideas as in Ca test. The chemical solution here is very sensitive to PH and therefore we need to use a strong buffer.
Not as in the Ca test, our challenge here is to precipitate the Ca first and then find Mg levels. Our way of testing Mg is a bit different and based on direct titration where we add sea water to the chemical solution.
A special correlation table where we can correct Mg levels by knowing Ca levels without the need to precipitate it. Our ability to produce in small batches is critical to achieve analytical calibration which is a key to our tests accuracy.
MAGNESIUM TEST INSTRUCTIONS - 2 steps only
Each kit will give you 50 tests.
We recommend doing the Calcium test first.
1. Using the 3 ml syringe add 2 ml of Mg-1 to the test vial.
2. Add one flat 0.15 ml scoop of Mg-2 powder to the test vial and swirl.
• The solution should appear this color:
3. Using the 1 ml syringe, place the plastic tip firmly and draw up the aquarium water until the lower end of syringe's black rubber is right on the 1.00 ml mark. Before this step, ensure that the plastic tip is empty of liquids and that it's submersed in water the entire time to avoid air entering to the syringe.
• The presence of a layer of air between the liquid and the black part of syringe is normal and will not affect the result. (The normal air layer you should see is equal to 0.1 ml.)
4. Begin adding aquarium water to the test vial one drop at a time, swirling a little after each drop until the solution appears this color:
Attention: before any use of the vial test, make sure it is washed with RO water only and dry it up with a soft paper.
• If the solution in the test vial does not reach this color and you have used all the aquarium water in the syringe, return back to step 3 (It means that concentration of magnesium is below 970ppm).
• If after adding another 1.00 ml of water a second time, the color is not changed this means the concentration of magnesium is below 360ppm.
Faster test can be achieve without the plastic tip with a potential mistake of 2%.
5. Note the position of the lower black part of syringe (each division corresponds to 0.01 ml) and obtain the magnesium concentration from Table 1. Readings should be taken at the position of the lower end of syringe's black rubber.
• If you needed to return to step 3 a second time then use Table 2 to obtain the magnesium concentration. The normal concentrations for magnesium are between 1280-1540 ppm (salinity related).
The result is accurate when the concentration of calcium is between 350-450ppm. If the concentration of calcium is not in this range then you can correct the result from this table:
NSW Magnesium is around 1350. Our recommendation is to keep Magnesium levels in the tank between: 1290-1450 PPM. In case of low Magnesium use Royal Magnesium Chloride to keep parameters between: 1290-1450 PPM.
A new product from Royal Nature. Bacteria for start and maintenance.
Royal Bacto marine contains a unique mixture of selected strains of bacteria to quickly establish a complete biological balance in your marine tank. When starting a marine tank it is important to kick-start the biology to prevent algae growth as much as possible.
After the start add Bacto every week to maintain the biology where fish and invertebrates can flourish.
Start - 1 ml per 5 litres of water twice a week for 5 weeks.
Maintenance: 1 ml per 5 litres of water weekly.