Feed Your Fish and Not Your Algae
Rowaphos is the professional method of removing Phosphate and Silicate in all types of Aquariums and Ponds.
RowaPhos is guaranteed to remove more phosphate than any other product worldwide.
In freshwater or salt water aquariums phosphates will feed nuisance algae which can overrun plants and expensive corals spoiling the aesthetics of the tank and in extreme cases killing its inhabitants.
Within the reef aquarium, phosphates will greatly affect the formation of coral skeletons by reducing calcification by over 50% and by inhibiting the deposition of strontium. It is suggested by Borneman that phosphates are a direct poison to calcification.
RowaPhos is a unique and patented , man made ferric hydroxide material chemically engineered for the efficient removal of phosphates, arsenic and silicates from fresh and salt water, having initially been developed in Germany for treating mains water supplies.
RowaPhos should not be confused with natural materials, which are generally based on aluminium oxide, (zeolite) or even other iron based products which claim to be the same product from other manufacturers.
Only Rowa make RowaPhos and any other iron based material is simply a copy with a completely different chemical structure and properties. RowaPhos has the largest absorption ability of any phosphate product worldwide and will not leach back in to the water. This saves the need for immediate removal once the media is exhausted. The product is easy to use and will improve the water quality wherever Phosphate or Silicate is a problem.
It is of interest to Marine and Reef Aquariums where its unrivalled capabilities have shown it to be extremely beneficial in the control of nuisance algae's and the growth of hard corals.
Constant use of the product is recommended, as its abilities to control nuisance algae is a major benefit.
In an independent series of tests carried out by the Berlin Technical University on the five most commonly used phosphate removers at that time, RowaPhos was found to be the most efficient in removing phosphate from water. Other medias tested reached only to 30 40 % of its removal capacity by weight. Additionally RowaPhos was found to continue to remove phosphates at lower concentrations and had a higher maximum holding capacity.
Since these tests many ferric products have been brought out which ride on the performance of the Rowa product and some even claim to be the same, however RowaPhos UNIQUE and its patented manufacturing process cannot be copied.
- Extremely high binding capacity
- Needs very little room in the filter system
- Simple Handling
- No influence on pH
- Does not release toxic substances back into the aquarium when exhausted
- Works great in a canister filter or with Phosphate Reactor.
Tips for Use:
To obtain the best results from RowaPhos and to keep your tank at zero phosphate levels it is important when starting up a new tank or a tank with phosphate levels in that has matured, to use RowaPhos on a permanent basis.
RowaPhos will absorb phosphate, silicates and arsenic. It is entirely safe in both fresh and saltwater systems. It does not release, when exhausted, any chemicals back into the water. ie phosphate, silicates or arsenic.
It is currently being used on a saltwater fish tank and has been for the last four years with five times the recommended requirement and it is only changed when phosphate levels coming out of the canister, where it is placed, begin to rise after approximately six to seven months.
How to use:
- DO NOT RINSE ROWAphos BEFORE USE
- It must be kept damp at all times. It is not effective if it dries out.
- Unused ROWAphos should be kept sealed in it`s original container until required
- Place between two layers of wool in the filter canister
- Do not sprinkle into the aquarium
- Do not place in the filter without using the filter sock or surrounding it with wool
- Change the ROWAphos when a rise in phosphate levels is indicated
- When placed in the canister it is possible to measure zero phosphate leaving the canister, the flow should be turned down until that is achieved
- For a short time the aquarium water may turn slightly brown in color, because of flushing out some fine material. This is not harmful to fish or other organisms, and will disappear after a short period of time.
Unfortunately, most phosphate test kits available are not capable of reading low levels of phosphate. It is necessary in a saltwater fish tank to always keep your levels below 0.015ppm
RowaPhos 1000ml Tub
Will remove 3ppm of phosphate (PO4) from approximately:
- 8000lts - 1760 UK gallons - 2100 USG of fresh water.
- 4000lts - 880 UK gallons - 1050 USG of salt water.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.