- Hanna Instruments HI98319 is a salinity tester made specifically for the saltwater aquarium enthusiest and can measure salinity up to 70.00 ppt.
- The rugged waterproof tester is only 0.7" thick and extremely ergonomic, fitting comfortably in your hand.
- The HI98319 keeps things simple with a two-button operation; one for ON/OFF, the other for calibration.
- The salinity tester features a large multi level LCD which displays either ppt, PSU or specific gravity along with temperature.
- Temperature can be set to display in oC or oF. An exposed temperature sensor allows for rapid automatic temperature compensated measurements.
- The LCD screen has stability and calibration tag indicators.
- A battery percent level indicator is displayed at start up to alert the user of the remaining battery power that is available.
- Salinity readings are performed by an amperometric graphite probe that resists oxidation, providing better repeatability in measurements.
- The use of graphite also reduces the polarization effect common with testers that use two stainless steel pins.
- Calibration is performed by pressing the dedicated calibration button.
- Once in calibration mode, the probe is placed in 35.00 ppt calibration standard.
- When the standard value is recognized and stability reached, the meter will automatically accept and store the value.
- Setup options include an adjustable automatic shut-off in which the meter can be set to turn off after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled.
- To enter the setup mode the user presses a button located in the battery compartment.
- HI98319 waterproof salinity tester provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to determine the salt concentration in saltwater aquariums.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.