Marine aquariums with soft corals, stone corals, snails or calcareous algae need regular additives of calcium and bicarbonate ions. In 1989, TUNZE Aquarientechnik was the first manufacturer to build a CO2 controlled calcium reactor. A pump is used to pass the water enriched with carbon dioxide through the hardness granulate. The carbon dioxide reacts with water to produce carbonic acid and dissolves the calcium carbonate. The hardened water leaves the reactor through a control valve.
Today's generation of automatic calcium reactors combine high efficiency and a compact size, consisting of a reactor with pump and the Comline housing. Calcium Automat 3170 needs no additional supply pump, and is operational with a minimum water level of 60 mm. It is suitable for operation in the aquarium as well as in a cabinet filter.
- For aquariums from 200 to 1,000L
- (50 to 265 USgal.) of salt water
- Energy consumption: 8W
- Voltage / frequency: 230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz)
- Cable length: 2m (78.7 in.)
- Immersion depth: approx. 60 to 280mm (2.3 to 11.0 in.)
- Filling volume: 1,200ml (40.5 fl.oz.)
- Delivery: up to 1.9l/h (0.5 USgal./h)
- Dimensions: L113 x W113 x H300mm (L4.4 x W4.4 x H11.8 in.)
- Magnet holder up to a glass thickness of 12mm (3/8")
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.