AQUASHRIMP POWDER has been selected by Prodibio among numerous mineral compositions. Its balanced formula will allow healthy plant
growth and strong root development. AQUASHRIMP POWDER is ideal for shrimps and young shrimps. It is ready to use and does not need to be
rinsed. A high temperature treatment (around 1200°C/2192°F) gives AQUASHRIMP POWDER its physical properties and allows it to be free of
parasitic species which could contaminate the aquarium. The powder texture of AQUASRIMP SOIL is thin enough to avoid shrimp eggs to fall in
the soil, while allowing plants to grow their roots properly and porous enough to allow nitrifying bacteria to properly colonize the substrate
and properly improve the water quality.
AQUASHRIMP POWDER is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it. A 3 liter/3 Kg (0.75 GAL/105.82 oz) bag is suitable for a 20 liter (5 Gal)
aquarium. This will allow a soil thickness of around 5 cm (2 inches). Using 150 g (5.29 oz) of soil per liter (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best
soil quantity needed.
1. a). Pour a height of approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) of dechlorinated water in the aquarium. b). Optional: if the substrate additive BACTERKIT
SOIL from Prodibio is used, mix it in the water.
2. a). If the aquarium is not going to be planted, or lightly planted, directly add the quantity of AQUASHRIMP POWDER needed. At this stage,
AQUASHRIMP POWDER will absorb all the water. b). Optional: If the aquarium is going to host a lot of plants, first add a layer of AQUAGROWTH
SOIL as per instructions. AQUAGROWTH SOIL has a granule size better suited for fixation and development of plant roots. On top of the
AQUAGROWTH SOIL, add around 2 to 3 cm (0.8 to 1.1 inches) of AQUASHRIMP POWDER in order to cover AQUAGROWTH SOIL layer. This will
avoid having shrimp eggs and young shrimps to be trapped in the soil, and will help them to stay at the surface of the AQUASHRIMP POWDER.
At this stage, the soils will absorb all the water.
3. Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic woods, etc…) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
4. a). Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered
in water. b). Optional: in case of a planted aquarium, add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as
5. Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them this happens. Water may
become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the filtration
system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.