Majestic Angelfish, has yellow scales with blue margins and a dark blue band, or girdle, that covers the face and extends backward. The girdle is highlighted with neon blue margins.
While somewhat shy, this angel is one of the easier angelfish to keep. It requires a tank of 180 gallons or more with multiple hiding places and live rock for grazing. The Majestic Angelfish is not a good reef dweller, being prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles. It generally will not harm small-polyped stony corals and somewhat noxious soft corals.
The diet of the Blue Girdled Angelfish should include vegetable matter such as Spirulina and marine algae, meaty items such as mysis shrimp, and high-quality angelfish preparations containing sponges.
- Minimum Tank Size: 180 gallons
- Care Level: Moderate
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Reef Compatible: No
- Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
- Max. Size: 1'
- Color Form: Black, Blue, White, Yellow
- Diet: Omnivore
- Origin: Indo-Pacific, Maldives, Solomon Islands
- Family: Pomacanthidae
Approximate Purchase Size: 3" to 4"
* Delivery service provided within Singapore Only. International Sales not applicable for all Live Stocks sold by FNM.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.