JBL pH-Minus lowers excessively high pH values in your aquarium and promotes fish health via added natural oak extract. The best possible pH value for keeping most freshwater fish and plantes is the neutral range around 7.
- Phosphate-free preparation to safely reduce the pH level. Any pH influence should be tested with a pH test.
- With natural oak extract.
- Before use the KH should be checked and adjusted to 4 - 8 GKH. (with JBL AquaDur plus)
- To check the lime content of stones (add a few drops of pH-Minus to the stone: the development of foam indicates lime).
The pH-level indicates the acidity of the water. The higher the pH-level, the less acid is in the water, the proportion of alkali is higher (the opposite of acids). The lower the pH-level, the more acid the water contains. In aquariums and ponds the following levels are desirable.
- Community aquariums: pH: 6,5 - 7,5
- Ponds: pH: 6,5-7,5
- Lake Malawi and Tanganyika aquariums: pH: 7,5-8,5
Saltwater (marine) aquariums: pH: If the pH-level is above the levels given, it should be gradually reduced. Before the pH-level is reduced, the pH-stability of the water must be checked! In order to do this, the carbonate hardness should be measured. In freshwater it should be between 4 and 10 German carbonate hardness (GCH) and in saltwater between 7 and 12 GCH. If the CH is below the levels mentioned, the pH-level is not stabilised and any alteration in the pH-level may lead to a sudden plunge in the CH! Instructions on how to adjust CH levels are given in the CH test.
The pH-level in the freshwater aquarium can be reduced by:
- The addition of JBL pH-Minus (pH-reducer)
- The addition of CO2 (JBL Proflora CO2-System)
- Filtering through JBL Tormec (black turf granulate)
The pH-level in the garden pond can be reduced by:
- The addition of JBL Acilon (pH-reducer)
- Filtering through JBL HumoPond (black turf granulate)
The pH-level in the saltwater aquarium can be reduced by:
- The monitored addition of CO2 (JBL Proflora CO2-System Profi 3)
The pH-level in the freshwater aquarium can be increased by:
- The addition of JBL pH-Plus (raises pH-level)
- Reduction in CO2-supply
The pH-level in the saltwater aquarium can be increased by:
- The addition of JBL CalciuMarin (which stabilises the pH-level)
Mix water thoroughly each time you add JBL pH-Minus. Followup doses may be applied after 24 hours, if required. Check the pH value (JBL pH Test Set) before and after each application of JBL Aquacid
- pH value above 8: inside screw top sufficient for 30 litres of aquarium water
- pH value between 7 and 8: outside screw top sufficient for 30 litres of aquarium water
- pH value below 7: do not add JBL pH-Minus
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.