Common Name: Pearl Weed
- Tissue culture plants are grown in vitro from a state of the art laboratory specialized in propagating aquatic plants. They provide the best option for those who want to ensure that absolutely zero unwanted pests are introduced into the aquarium.
- Pearl weed is a bright green, low-growing stem plant perfect for beginners. It is a versatile species which can be used for both foreground, midground and background. Constant pruning will keep it low growing and spread runners horizontally. Leaving it untrimmed will allow it to grow vertically as a background plant. The shape and growth of the plant depends on the conditions so you must plan accordingly if you have a specific vision for how it will fit into your aquascape. This plant is similar in appearance to other carpeting plants, and can be a low-maintenance alternative if you are having trouble getting foreground coverage in your tank.
- This plant grows best with moderate light and CO2 levels around 6-14ppm. However, H. micranthemoides can usually get all the nutrients it needs from a nutrient-enriched substrate and healthy fish colony. For super dense growth, use high light and CO2. Bright light will yield bushy growth, while moderate light yields looser, upward growth. Once your H. micranthemoides is established it will need to be pruned, as it can grow unruly when left unchecked. This plant will tolerate substantial pruning, so you can let it grow large and dense and then trim it into a desired shape if you wish.
- Propogate by trimming the ends of stems, then group several together and bury them together in the substrate. Make sure that other foliage does not cover them
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting. Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
- Family Name: Scrophulariaceae
- Origin: North America
- Height: 2-6”
- pH: Adaptable to a range of conditions
- Care: Easy
- Light: Medium
- Co2: Optional
- Propagation: Trim ends of stems, group several together and plant in substrate.
- Growth rate: Medium
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.