Maximum standard length:
- 3.2″ (8cm).
Recommended Aquarium size:
- 30″ x 12″ x 12″ – 70 litres.
- This rainbowfish is ideally suited to a heavily planted setup and will show its best colors in such surroundings. The use of floating plants to dim the light a little is also recommended. Allow open spaces between areas of planting to provide swimming space and areas for males to display at one another. High water quality is essential to the well-being of this species, so weekly partial water changes are recommended. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t require the addition of salt to its water, although it can tolerate mildly brackish conditions.
- Temperature: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH: 7.0-8.0. It will not do well in acidic conditions.
- Hardness: 10-25°H
- An easily-fed species, it will accept most dried, frozen and live foods. Feed a varied diet for the fish to show the best colouration.
* All Livestock is for Sale in Singapore only and and Not Available for overseas export. Any order received from overseas will be voided and refunded with a 5% admin fee charged.
Pre-Order on Freshwater Livestock:
Unless otherwise stated of availability in-store/online, pre-ordering lead time for livestock typically takes approximately 3-4 weeks for shipment arrival + 1 week of quarantine period before ready for delivery/collection. Once a pre-order has been received, any cancellation/amendment request will be subjected to a 5% admin fee charge of the order value. A full refund maybe requested without any cancellation charge imposed if the pre-ordered livestock fails to arrive after 30 days upon placing the order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.