- All natural aquarium salt made from evaporated sea water
- General tonic and stress reducer for freshwater aquariums
- Adds natural electrolytes and improves gill function
All natural Freshwater Aquarium Salt serves as a general tonic and stress reducer for freshwater fish.
During disease and stress, healthy gill function of fish is disturbed. This can lead to the loss of electrolytes through the gills (sometimes called osmotic shock), reducing the intake of oxygen and release of carbon dioxide.
Freshwater Aquarium Salt replenishes natural electrolytes and promotes healthy gill function. Temporarily blocks the toxic effects of nitrite to freshwater fish until water quality improves.
Made from evaporated sea water – contains no artificial additives, sugar, or artificial color and will not change pH.
Use Aquarium Salt with tropical fish, goldfish, and koi but should not be used as a substitute for marine aquarium salt.
Directions for Use:
Important Note: Freshwater Aquarium Salt does not evaporate nor is it filtered out. Use as directed and add more salt ONLY when making a water change. For example, if you remove five gallons with a water change, add only enough salt for five gallons.
- As a general tonic and stress reducer: Add one rounded tablespoonful for each 5 gallons of aquarium water.
- As a tropical fish treatment or with a remedy: Add one rounded tablespoonful for each 5 gallons of aquarium water. Water temperature of 80°F during treatment is recommended.
- To hatch Brine shrimp eggs: Add eight tablespoonfuls for each gallon of water.
- For goldfish bowls: add 1/2 teaspoonful per gallon of water.
- Aquarium Salt may be used as a short-term bath to treat external parasites (Tricodina, Ichthyobodo, or Epistylis): Dissolve 2-1/2 cups (370 g) for every 10 U.S. gallons (40 L) of aquarium water. Carefully place the infested fish in the container for 5 to 10 minutes, and then put the treated fish back into the aquarium. The bath may be repeated in 24 hours if necessary.
Aquarium Salt contains no artificial additives, sugar, and unlike table salt, contains no artificial color.
It is made from evaporated sea water, which contains the following beneficial electrolytes needed by freshwater fish: calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.