Ultra-porous ceramic Brick shaped Biological Media with Superior Performance Characteristics.
- Designed to be used in marine and hard freshwater aquariums with a pH of 7.5 or over
- Highest porosity and largest useable surface area, per unit weight or volume, of all filtration media available anywhere
- Provides huge amounts of aerobic and anaerobic surface area for efficient bacterial colonization.
- Laboratory Tested: Provides over 71,000 square feet (6,596 square meters) of surface area per liter of medium. One brick has about 100,000 square feet of useable surface area for bacterial colonization.
- When properly colonized, and used as directed, it will reduce toxic ammonia and nitrites to near zero in ponds and all aquariums, marine or fresh.
- Also reduces phosphate significantly and dissolved organics.
- Works excellently as the only filtration medium for the aquarium or pond or may be employed in addition to other filtration media.
- Doped with Aragonite to buffer pH at the bacteria level, preventing acid buildup which eventually would kill the bacteria and reduce capacity. (Which is what happens in competing products).
- Sizes: 9" x 4.5" x 2.5"(approximately, each one is hand cast and dimensions vary slightly).
Use one XPort Bio Brick for every 1,000 U.S. gallons ( 3,800 L ) of system capacity, more for heavy bio loads. Normally do not use more than one brick per 100 gallons of tank capacity. Bricks may be cut in half for smaller systems. Rinse material well with aquarium water or purified tap water to remove any dust. For superior results, seed the material using only the specific bacteria product that you are using in the aquarium. If using MicrōBacter Start XLM, use one capful to seed (add balance of bacteria directly to the aquarium). If using FlorinBacter7, MicrōBacter7 or MicrōBacterCLEAN add full recommended dose. Place XPort Bio Brick in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, and then add the bacteria to that container. Allow to stand overnight and then add the seeded XPort Bio Brick to your system. It is recommended that you use sponge, fine filter floss or other mechanical filtration ahead of XPort Bio Brick to prevent clogging with organic material. For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source for growing bacteria, such as Brightwell® Katalyst bio pellets or liquid Reef BioFuel or Florin Axis, as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their label.
Recommendation: Do not use different bacteria products in an aquarium, particularly during startup! When an aquarium is new, the available nutrients for bacteria to consume are scarce and if the kind of bacteria you introduce requires organics, they will likely not be available and the two different bacterial cultures can fight each other. It is best to start out with MicrōBacter Start and cycle the tank, and then progress to MicrōBacterCLEAN at cycling completion. Then progress to MicrōBacter7 or FlorinBacter7 at 4 to 6 months of age. This will provide the cleanest and fastest route to meet your goals and provide a beautiful and sustainable bacterial ecosystem. Particularly do not introduce foreign strains of bacteria such as "live sand", pre-cultured dry man made "live rock," etc. It is ok to use rocks from other aquariums that have already cycled and live rock purchased from stores. All forms of man made or natural live rock (except dry pre-cultured), aragonite and marco rock will work fine. If you introduce the wrong strains of bacteria, at the wrong time, you can slow down the whole process.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.