Maximum standard length:
- 3.2″ (8cm).
Recommended Aquarium size:
- 30″ x 12″ x 12″ – 70 litres.
- This rainbowfish is ideally suited to a heavily planted setup and will show its best colors in such surroundings. The use of floating plants to dim the light a little is also recommended. Allow open spaces between areas of planting to provide swimming space and areas for males to display at one another. High water quality is essential to the well-being of this species, so weekly partial water changes are recommended. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t require the addition of salt to its water, although it can tolerate mildly brackish conditions.
- Temperature: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- pH: 7.0-8.0. It will not do well in acidic conditions.
- Hardness: 10-25°H
- An easily-fed species, it will accept most dried, frozen and live foods. Feed a varied diet for the fish to show the best colouration.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.