- Hemianthus Callitrichoides aka Dwarf Baby Tears or simply HC, is the epitome of carpet plants.
- This is one of the smallest aquatic plants available and just the right flora for creating that lush foreground seen in many stunning aquascapes.
- When grown in Iwagumi layouts, the vast fields of green can have a captivating effect on any audience.
- This plant can grow submerged or emersed in dry start aquariums and Wabi Kusa.
- Because this plant is small with tiny roots, it can prove difficult to keep planted into the substrate.
- In this case, dry start can help by allowing time for the roots to anchor into the substrate before flooding the tank.
- Although some have had success growing HC in smaller tanks using liquid carbon such as Excel, this species requires Co2 injection to truly thrive.
- It can be quite difficult to grow lush, thick carpets for sustained periods of time without Co2, and fertilization is recommended.
- To maintain a nice foreground
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.