- Glossostigma Elantinoides is a low growing aquatic plant that originates from New Zealand.
- It is a perfect foreground plant that if given sufficient lighting and nutrients can grow into a thick carpet of green foliage.
- The leaves are small and round with a beautiful bright green coloration that can nicely offset any neutrally toned substrate.
- High lighting and Co2 injection are necessary to keep this plant low growing.
- Vertical growing thin stalks are an indication of lack of lighting while yellowing leaves can mean nutrition deficiency.
- Thin leaves can also hint at a lack of Co2.
- This plant can grow quickly and require regular trimming when kept under proper conditions.
- This plant can grow submerged or emerged in dry start aquariums and Wabi Kusa.
- Because this plant is small with tiny roots, it can prove difficult to keep planted into the substrate.
- In this case, a dry start can help by allowing time for the roots to anchor into the substrate before flooding the tank.
- Remove tissue culture gel before planting.
- Simply wash the gel away or soak the plant in water and squeeze the gel off with your fingers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.